Temporary Wholesale Water Service

Bear River Water Conservancy District (BRWCD) may provide temporary water service for projects within Box Elder County in proximity to the water system lines in Bothwell, Harper Ward and South Willard.

BRWCD provides metering and backflow devices for the water service. A signed Application & Agreement form, a deposit of $1,500.00 and adequate proof of insurance to cover any liability issues with the use of any BRWCD water system, are required for the use of the meter and backflow device.  The deposit is refundable upon the completion of water service and the equipment is returned in working order. Damages to BRWCD equipment will be assessed and deducted from the deposit. Only one connection site will be allowed per Application & Agreement. The water user shall notify BRWCD at (435) 723-7034 when the water service is no longer needed. The meter will be removed, and an invoice will be sent to the water user. Payment for the water used will be due immediately upon receipt of the invoice. The cost for water usage shall be charged at the current rate of $345.00 per acre foot.

The water user must take all necessary precautions to protect the integrity of the Bear River Water Conservancy District’s water system and will not access the system in any other manner as to constitute a cross connection or any other threat of contamination.

BRWCD retains the right to suspend water use at the designated site for whatever reason it deems necessary and for any length of time required for resolution of a problem.

To apply for Temporary Wholesale Water Service:

  • Contact Bear River Water Conservancy District at (435) 723-7034
  • Complete the Application & Agreement form,

Click here to download an Application & Agreement for Temporary Wholesale Water Service

  • Bring in or send the Application & Agreement, the $1,500 deposit and proof of insurance to:

Bear River Water Conservancy District
102 West Forest Street
Brigham City, Utah 84302

Upon receiving the Application & Agreement form, deposit and proof of insurance, a meter and backflow device shall be installed at the approved connection point for use during the project and the applicant shall be notified by BRWCD that the connection is ready to deliver water.